Effective Marketing Tips for Dentists
Getting ahead in the competitive world of dentistry can entail a lot of things. For many however, being a step ahead of the competition is a lot easier with dental marketing.
Dental marketing, in a nutshell, is about generating new patients, retaining the current ones, and building a trusted and competent reputation in the industry.
Make your mark in the dental world by taking the following effective dental marketing tips to heart.
Make patient satisfaction a priority.
• If you make your current client base happy and satisfied, they can do ‘word-of-mouth’ advertising on your behalf. If your existing patients refer your services to their loved ones and friends, that is a clear indication they are satisfied with the kind of service you are providing.
• If you have really loyal patients, make sure you show them their loyalty is appreciated. Show your appreciation by inviting them to dental events and seminars you will be spearheading. You can also send them a personalized card or handwritten note to thank them for their loyalty.
• If the patient is amenable to it, look into calling at least a couple of days after a procedure to check how they are doing. Providing after-care follow-up and support will always help strenghthen the patient-dentist bond.
Work on your online presence.
• If you do not have a website yet, it is a sound idea to create one to help establish your online presence. Make it a venue where current and prospective patients can learn about the diverse services you offer.
• Look into having your site optimized as much as possible so people who search online can easily find you. You can make use of popular keywords related to dentistry such as ‘dental implants’, ‘teeth whitening’ and the like.
• Having a website will undoubtedly make it easy for patients old and new to get in touch with you and ask questions ranging from the services you offer down to any appointment queries. Create a favorable impression by attending and responding to any inquiries on time.
Make your patient database work to your advantage.
• As much as possible, make sure your patient database is organized and updated at all times. This valuable tool can help you effortlessly track the products and services your patients have tried. This set-up will also make it a lot easier for you to recommend other services that you offer that the patient might need.
• You can also use your customer database to track the number of referrals made by patients. In case you come up up with possible referral incentive schemes, you can readily and accurately single out the ones with the most number of referrals.
• Make sure your database has the patient’s updated contact number and email address. This will make it easy for you to get in touch using methods that are fast and less costly (emails, text messages). This system will also make sending reminders and thank yous effortless.
There are numerous ways to establish your presence and clout in the dental industry. However, keep in mind that choosing the right marketing strategies to employ is a huge step in the right direction.